Application due date is June 25.
All materials should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include (1) A Personal Statement, (2) A current CV or Resume, and (3) One letter of recommendation.
(1) Personal Statement (max. 1000 words) addressing the following points:
- What field of study do you hope to pursue and how did you become interested in it?
- What are your educational and career goals, and what experiences have you had up to this point that have contributed to your pursuit of these goals?
- Why are you applying to ROOTS and how will this help prepare you for your future goals?
- Optional: Describe any challenges you’ve faced in pursuing your education (For example, social, cultural or economic barriers, or barriers related to accessibility) and how you’ve overcome them.
(2) A current CV or Resume
(3) One Letter of Recommendation from a counselor, faculty member, or other mentor familiar with your goals and academic achievement. Please ask your recommenders to email recommendations to email@example.com by June 25.
The letter should address the following points:
- The recommender’s relationship to the applicant, with information on how long you have known the applicant and the extent of your interactions.
- What are the applicant’s interests and long-term goals?
- Please comment on the applicant’s academic merit including his/her aptitude for pursuing research.
- In your opinion, why and how would the applicant benefit from participating in ROOTS?
- Any additional information regarding the applicant’s academic or personal experience that leads you to recommend them for ROOTS.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Relevance of completed coursework to research interests
- Writing skill
- Interest in pursuing research
- Letters of Recommendation